Boatcare Ltd ("We") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy, in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed and stored by us.
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer who oversees privacy related matters for us. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact the Data Protection Officer using the details set out below.
What Data We Collect About You
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual.
If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence that includes name, email and telephone.
We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data: may include your first name and last name.
- Contact Data: may include your billing address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data: may include details about payments between us, invoices and survey reports.
- Technical Data: may include, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Usage Data: may include information about how you use our website and services.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
- Where we need to perform the contract between us.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
How Your Data is Stored
Client data is held on our database to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us. The data is stored electronically on our secure hard drives in locked fire proof cabinets and also remotely in the cloud. The website servers are protected using security software and firewalls.
We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Your data is NEVER passed on unduly to anyone outside of Boatcare Ltd.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
By law we must keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity and Transaction Data) for five years after they cease being customers for tax purposes. After this time, it will be securely deleted from our systems. Any paper records are shredded when no longer required.
Disclosures of Your Personal Data
We may disclose information about you to the extent that we are required to do so by law in connection with any legal proceedings, to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the general running of our business:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We DO NOT use your information to contact you for marketing purposes.
Information About Visiting This Website
We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website's usability.
Cookies are used on this website
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
Find out more about how you can control cookies at https://www.aboutcookies.org
This website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites.
You may instruct us to provide any personal information we hold about you.
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please inform us if your personal information changes by emailing us at email@example.com
If you have any questions, or require further information, please contact our Data Controller at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address below.
Shedfield House Dairy